Anyway, I had been collecting my dryer lint because I knew they were highly flammable and thought it would make a nice fire starter in actual fireplaces. Unfortunately, I do not have a "real burning fireplace" in my home. It is gas and can be turned on by a flip of a switch. B-o-r-i-n-g.
Actually, I think my hubby is the world best fire starter. He would strategically place all the kindling in a perfect tee-pee style with wads of newspaper underneath. And within few minutes, we would have a roaring hot fire. The house would get very hot that we would have to open windows just to cool off. I actually told him that in our next house we move into (years down the road), one of my demands will be having a REAL fireplace. Not just a gas one.
Back to the dryer lint... I've seen something on Pinterest about making firestarters out of dryer lint and empty paper rolls.
Step One: Fill up empty paper rolls with dryer lint. Just fill them up until they're really full.
I have an empty basket on top of my laundry shelf for this purpose. Easy to toss into.
Step Two (optional): print out words "Firestarter" or use some pretty paper to wrap up the filled paper rolls. I used yellow 8.5 x 11 paper and made sure the word is dead center on the page.
Step 3: Roll paper around and stuff in roll or you could use some cotton twine to tie the ends (like a cracker). Place one or two underneath the kindling and light the ends of the paper. Enjoy your fire!